How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
Several Decatur consumers ask us, “How much can a Ford Explorer tow?” when they’re in the market for a full-size SUV. Learn more about the 2020 Ford Explorer towing capacity, engine options, and towing features with Jackson Family of Dealerships near Mattoon!
2020 Ford Explorer Engine Options
It is important to ask, “How much can a Ford Explorer tow?” but it’s also necessary to ask which engine is distributing all the power for the towing capabilities! Clinton drivers can choose from several powerful engines that deliver strong Ford Explorer towing capacity:
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: This engine generates 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque to tow up to 5,300 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoBoost® V6: Ford Explorer towing capacity reaches 5,600 pounds with this engine. It features twin turbos, direct injection, and a 10-speed automatic transmission. As you move up trim levels, the Platinum trims offer 365-hp and 380 lb-ft of torque, and ST trims generate 400 hp and 415 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.3L Hybrid: The Ford Explorer is just as environmentally friendly as it is family-friendly. This Ford Explorer towing capacity reaches 5,000 pounds.
Not only will you be able to experience the impressive Ford Explorer towing capacity, but also the advanced towing features:
- All-new rear-wheel drive: This features results in an increase of 600 pounds in towing capabilities.
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: The available Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™ can be switched for different road conditions. Normal, Mud, Snow, etc.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: This package is required for the max Ford Explorer towing capacity. It’s available with a 2.3L EcoBoost® and 3.3L hybrid engines or the standard 3.0L EcoBoost®.
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control: This systems helps control and stabilize the trailer through selective braking.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: AdvanceTrac® with RSC™ monitors yaw and roll rates. When you understeer or oversteer, gyroscopic sensors help you remain in control of your vehicle. Curve Control helps control speed on tight corners.
- Sidewind Stabilization: This helps to control your boat or trailer on highways or roads.
Explore 2020 Ford Explorer Inventory at Jackson Family of Dealerships!
More from Jackson Family of Dealerships
The Ford Escape is beloved by many in the area for its powerful, yet efficient performance, innovative tech features, and athletic aesthetic. Many drivers also love the Ford Escape dimensions. This SUV is spacious enough so that passengers do not feel cramped, yet it is also compact enough for agile handling on the …
Several Decatur consumers ask us, “How much can a Ford Explorer tow?” when they’re in the market for a full-size SUV. Learn more about the 2020 Ford Explorer towing capacity, engine options, and towing features with Jackson Family of Dealerships near Mattoon! View Explorer Inventory\Contact Us 2020 Ford Explorer Engine Options It is important to ask, “How much…
Drivers from Decatur to Clinton are looking to have the Ford F-150 trim levels explained so they can make an informed decision on their next pickup purchase. The expert team at Jackson Family of Dealerships is here to help! You’ll find there are seven impressive Ford F-150 trim levels to consider. When making your selection…